Visa / Immigration

Spouse Visa


What are the eligibility requirements for the Dependent/Spouse Visa for Canada?

The members of the family are eligible for immigration to Canada under the dependent/spouse visa only if they meet the eligibility requirements. Once the preliminary requirements are met, you can start the process of application and documentation under the guidance of an immigration consultant.

Core Requirements For The Dependent Visa In Canada:

  • The dependent children should be under 22 years of age. They should not have any spouse or partner.
  • The child should be the biological child or legally adopted child of the candidate.
  • The child should be financially dependent on the parent.
  • If the child is unable to support himself due to any physical condition or mental disability. Here the age limit of 22 years is not applicable.
  • Proof of your relationship with the dependent child.
  • A medical examination is mandatory.

Core Requirements For The Spouse Visa In Canada:

You can be a sponsor of a Spousal/Dependent category visa provided, elapsed.

  • 18 years or above
  • A permanent resident or citizen of Canada
  • Living in Canada (You cannot sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside of Canada). If you are outside Canada, confirm that you will live in Canada after sponsoring the spouse.
  • Able to demonstrate that you are not getting any social assistance (apart from disability, if any)
  • Able to demonstrate that you can provide basic needs to the sponsored person, i.e., your spouse or partner
  • If you are residing in Canada’s Quebec province, you need to fulfill Quebec’s conditions for sponsorship.

Eligibility Of Spouse:

  • Above 18 years of age
  • Should be legally married or in a common-law relationship.
  • Should have a marriage certificate issued by the state, territory, or provincial government if the
  • Marriage has taken place in Canada.
  • If the marriage has taken place outside Canada then it should be valid as per the country’s law
  • Should not have any Criminal convictions, offenses, or suffer from any critical health condition.


Eligibility for spouse visa:

  • Above 18 years of age
  • Should meet the English requirements
  • In case the partner is a finance, the couple must marry within 6 months, and the proper proof has to be provided.
  • The partnership or marriage must be recognized in the UK.
  • The relationship must be at least two years old at the time of application. (British Law does not recognize arranged marriages)

Documents required for spouse visa:

  • Full name and date of birth.
  • Valid passport with at least an empty page in order to be able to affix the visa.
  • UK visa application form VAF4A.
  • Previous passports, if any.
  • Two passport-sized color photographs that meet the requirements set by the UK.
  • Proof of English language proficiency.
  • Proof of financial means.
  • Proof of relationship (for instance, photos of the couple together, etc.).
  • Details of any previous immigration applications, if any.
  • Certificate of a criminal record.
  • Your national insurance number, if any.
  • Parents’ date of birth and nationality (in case applying from outside the UK).
  • Proof of accommodation.
  • Biometric information (including fingerprints and a digital photograph taken at the appropriate application center).
  • Proof that spouse visa fees have been paid.


Eligibility for spouse visa:

  • The relationship should be genuine and long-term
  • The spousal relationship should be at least 12 months old
  • Both partners have to pass the health and character checks
  • The couple should live on a permanent basis
  • One of the partners must be either an Australian citizen, permanent resident in Australia, or eligible for New Zealand citizenship

Documents required for spouse visa:

  • Identification documents (birth certificates, Government issued ID cards, etc)
  • Duly filled application form 47SP
  • Recent passport-sized photographs
  • Police certificates from every country (including home country), where the applicant has spent 12 months after turning 16
  • Certificate indicating satisfactory health check-up results
  • Proof of accommodation
  • Proof of relationship (photographs, finances, etc.)


Eligibility for spouse visa:


  • Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1) – An immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130 is required.
  • Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) – It is important to note that an application for the nonimmigrant visa for a spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be filed, and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place. After the visa process has been completed, and the visa is issued, the spouse can travel to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case. Two petitions are required: Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130, and Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F. Learn more.


A U.S. citizen may bring their fiancé(e) to the United States to marry and live here, with a nonimmigrant visa for a fiancé(e) (K-1). An I-129F fiancé(e) petition is required.

Documents required for spouse visa:

  • Documents required for spouse visa:
  • Background documentation
  • Spouse/partner documentation, including marriage certificate
  • Extensive evidence of the relationship, including photographs
  • Other proof of relationship
  • Income proof of sponsor displaying adequate funds
  • Completed application & consulate fees
  • English language skills


Eligibility for spouse visa:

  • Anyone who is the valid spouse of an E.U. citizen is eligible to apply for the European Spouse Schengen Visa.

Documents required for spouse visa:

  • Proof of spouse’s nationality
  • Proof of marriage
  • Spouse’s passport
  • Spouse’s national ID card
  • Letter from the spouse declaring purpose and duration of travel
  • Proof of accommodation